The Auravana Project (a.k.a., Project Auravana) is an open source and free shared (i.e., free source) project operating under a CC BY 4.0 License.
The Auravana Project reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the Terms and Conditions of Use, information contained on the site, and all our open source creations. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. The Auravana Project may hereafter be called, the Project. Please check these Terms and Conditions of Use, all other content on this site, and all the Project’s open source creations, for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions, content of this site, and all our open source creations, constitutes your acceptance of those changes. Please contact us if you have any questions.
By using The Auravana Project and any services therein, “you” grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable right and license to use and adapt all user submissions and user content for the purposes of developing, distributing, providing, improving, and promoting the Project and/or its services to everyone on the planet; the Project is open source. In addition, users of and contributors to the project may make all content in the Project available to the public for use and adaptation.
Access, user submissions, and user content
If “you” access, participate or contribute to the project in any way via any medium through any channel via any connection, or through the initiation or reception of any connection, “you” permit The Auravana Project to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute, to make any changes to, deletions from, and/or additions to your content, and to use it at The Auravana Project’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, as well as the sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion of everyone else on the planet.
If “you” contribute to the project, “you” are agreeing to allow your claimed work to enter the public domain as P0 (or, CC0) content. The project operates under a CC BY 4.0 because. This is the lowest common denominator license used by other projects working on this direction. To use their content, The Auravana Project releases its content under a CC BY 4.0 License. Some of the content The Auravana Project releases is CC0 (or, P0). To contribute, “you” must agree to a CC0 (or, P0) release of “your” work.
“Your” contributions must be “your” own, or legally permissible, and “you” must have the “right” or “rights” to that which you contribute. If “you” contribute the work of another who subsequently engages in legal action, then “you” will be held accountable and “you” will be responsible for all damages. “You” shall only contribute work that is legally permissible to be contributed by “you”.
Content used from other projects and organizations not covered by user submission and user content shall maintain the license of the originating project or organization.
To use content from the Auravana Project while excluding others’ ability to use it goes against our [community-based] philosophy, purpose, and goals. In accordance with our open source value-system you agree to not use any materials gathered from this site as part of any current or future patent claim in any jurisdiction unless you are improving upon the materials with an original idea and explicitly waive all claims to the Auravana Project’s material and content. “You” grant The Auravana Project the right to freely use and distribute any derivational content, including all derivative works in all jurisdictions, per the remainder of these terms and conditions, and without any necessity for exchange, including royalties, money, credits, or property of any kind.
For the avoidance of doubt, and more specifically, both parties agree that all intellectual property rights and database rights, whether registered or unregistered, in the Site, information content on the Site, all documentation and content therein, and all the website and standards, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, and all of the Project’s open source creations, shall remain at all times freely accessible and available without any form of exchange to The Auravana Project and its contributors. All work contributed to Auravana Project working groups and coordinator teams is shared by “you” on a free, open source, CC0 (P0) license.
As part of The Auravana Project’s open source purpose and goals, the Project grants a non-exclusive license in all parts of this intellectual property. The Project does this through the Creative Commons Attribution (BY) 4.0 Unported License. This license is free and permits the use, development, distribution and replication of all of Project Auravana’s intellectual property.
Under this license anyone is also free to freely distribute (for no profit) as well as trade and sell (for profit) The Auravana Project’s intellectual property; however, if “you” choose to sell any of The Auravana Project’s intellectual property in whole or in part you must prominently display:
- Referentially credit Project Auravana as the source of the intellectual property; and
- Include a link to where a customer may retrieve the intellectual property for free from Project Auravana with a notice as to the difference in price between you and Project Auravana. Here is an example statement:
These designs were developed based off of open source standards from Project Auravana. The free designs can be found on this page of Project Auravana’s website: https://auravana.org/standards
In addition, “you” agree:
- Not to use Project Auravana’s (a.k.a., The Auravana Project) name, logo, and motto as they appear on this site and all open source creations and properties, without the prior written consent and agreement of Project Auravana’s current Global Projects Coordinator. “You” agree to show the Global Projects Coordinator how the logo will be used, and will not use it to harm the Auravana Project or associate the Project with information that is false about The Auravana Project.
- Not to use photographs, biographies, names, and likenesses of anyone involved with Project Auravana, as they appear on this site, for any purpose without the prior written consent and permission of the owner and/or the Global Projects Coordinator.
- To be entirely responsible for your use of any/all content of whatever nature derived from this site and all our open source creations and agree to hold us free of any/all liability arising from your use or misuse of the contents derived therefrom.
You agree to be entirely responsible for your use of any/all content of whatever nature derived from this site and all the Project’s open source creations and agree to hold us free of any/all liability arising from your use or misuse of the contents derived therefrom. By accessing the website and/or using the its content or specifications “you” agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Auravana Project and all contributors and participants and successors from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, liabilities, disputes, suits, claims, proceedings, costs and expenses, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs. “You” hereby release The Auravana Project, all contributors and participants, and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from any Auravana Project creation(s), design(s), web content, etc. and the use or access thereof.
Accessibility of website
The Project’s aim is to ensure accessibility to the website at all times, however we make no representation of that nature and reserve the right to terminate the website at any time and without notice. You accept that service interruption may occur in order to allow for website improvements, scheduled maintenance, or may also be due to outside factors beyond the Project’s control, to which we shall not be liable.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Auravana Project is an open source, CC BY 4.0 project per the remainder of this policy. All user submitted content made available to the Auravana Project is content made available under this license. All information submitted to, or through, the Project has no expectation of privacy, is public and shareable to everyone, even if it is not made immediately public (or shared immediately). All information collected could be used for any purpose (because this is a societal building project unifying all domains of living). The Project only requires the minimum amount of personal information that is necessary to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with the Project.
The legal basis for processing personal data:
- Personal data category — Legal basis
- Email address and name (Contact webpage) — Legitimate interest
- Personal identifying information to generally include name, postal address, and other personal details (Online registration) — Legitimate interest
- User submissions and User content (Team Comms. and Contact webpage) — Legitimate interest
- Cookie analytics (website functioning, social media, traffic analytics) — Legitimate interest
In addition to the uses described above, the project uses your information in the following ways:
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, opportunities, and other requests.
- To provide the products and services you request.
- To improve the design of society by including it in a public, common, open source design specification for the next iteration of society.
- To share with the public.
- To add to and modify the system being designed and produced by this open source project.
How the project collects your information (different methods are used):
- Direct interactions (e.g., email, contact page, forum) and indirect interactions (e.g., surveys), by communicating on, through, or to the project, or to one of its contributors.
How the project stores your information (different methods are used):
- Your information is stored on email servers and personal computers. “You” accept that any information you make available to the Project or its contributors may be made available to the public at any time – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
How “you” can access and control the information collected:
- “You” accept that upon submission of any information to, or through, the Project “you” waive all rights to the control of that information. In all interactions with the Project, there is no expectation of privacy.
Contact Form Compliance for European State GDPR Compliance
The contact webpage, including contact form therein, is used to collect personal information (name and email) so that project coordinators and other team members can contact “you”.
Welcome to the future we are all creating.
Standard operating procedures for the project
The Auravana Project is an open source research, development, and education project.
1. OPERATING PURPOSE
- This section represents the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the project.
- This standard operating procedure (SOP) section will undergo modification to accommodate changing conditions in the population of contributors and in the environment. This SOP acts as the procedural system defining how the project will operate in public.
2. PRIMARY PROJECT GOAL(S)
- Through research, design and development this project exists to develop a set of standards, and complementary content, for the construction and operation of a community-type society. All tasks and procedures shall orient Project decisions and actions toward this goal.
- The Auravana Project is dedicated to creating open source and free shared standards and models for community-type living. Auravana’s mission is to bring together the global population to design and build a sustainable, duplicable, and fulfillment oriented society.
- The specific purposes of the organization are to develop (and openly) publish documents that provide support for the establishment and advancement of a community societal standard that unifies informational systems, ecological sustainability and human fulfillment.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA
- The Auravana Project has one active social media account: auravana.project on Instagram.
- The Auravana Project’s Global Coordinator’s Twitter account is located on the homepage and is used to share global project updates and advancements (internal and external) to the Project’s direction.
- As a member of the Project, be careful of making claims about the project without a directly published reference to substantiate the claim.
- As a member of the Project, all commenting on all social media sites is to be done through your own personal social media account(s). Hence, there is no approval system for commenting (i.e., subjective posting), because this is to always be done through an individual’s personal account. It is expected that when someone comments through their personal account that they are to express Project values at all times (simply put, be compassionate please).
4. PRIMARY EMAIL ACCOUNT USAGE
- The primary email account for the Project is for formal and professional interaction, and for the development of constructive relationships that are likely to lead to tangible contribution to the construction of the system.
- The primary email account for the Project logs the agreement of contributors.
- The project coordinator receives and responds to general inquiries to the project via email or other communications channel.
- All interactions shall be simple, precise, formal, and objective (referenceable where appropriate), and with as much limited bias and belief as possible. If a subjective or comment-like response is desired, then a personal email account should be used.
- All emails will be made available (per prompt or request) to all tangibly active contributors to the project.
5. MARKETING (MARKET, STATE, AND PULIC RELATIONS)
- The release of content produced by the Project via a contributor’s social media accounts is not considered marketing (though it is understood that such content represents how the project is perceived by the public).
- Marketing shall be professional at all times.
- Marketing shall be oriented toward the establishment of relationships that will facilitate, or are reasonably likely to facilitate:
- Useful understanding.
- Tangible contribution.
- Relationships with the potential of facilitating the development and construction of the system.
- Marketing shall not assume any responsibility or obligation for the timeliness, missed delivery, deletion and/or any failure to store content.
- Marketing shall not lay claim to ownership of any content delivered through the Project, or by any contributor or user.
6. COPYRIGHT ISSUES
- As a sign of good faith, if someone files a copyright claim, then the content will be removed as soon as possible. This is similar to YouTube’s procedure, which involves initial removal of the content and then a procedural system for resolving the issue.
- After the content has been removed an email (or other channel message) shall be sent to the initiator of the conflict requesting verification of the infringement and reasoning for the takedown. Primary email account usage procedures should be followed during the course of this interaction.
- An honest and fulfillment-oriented organization would contact us first through an open dialogue, and ask us to remove the offending content, while facilitating an appropriate resolution.
- Conflict resolution reports should be completed to reduce the future likelihood of conflict.